- L.L.B., Faculty of Law, Dalhousie University (1974)
- B. Comm., Faculty of Commerce, St. Mary’s University (1967)
Primary Areas of Practice:
- First Nations
- Corporate, Commercial Law & Incorporations
- Commercial Real Estate
- Canadian Bar Association
- Nova Scotia Barristers’ Society
- Dave is a former member of Bar Council; a former chairman of the NS Bar Societies Unauthorized Practices Committee; a former president of the Hants County Bar Association; and a former chairman of the Aboriginal Section of the CBA.
Dave is a strong believer in empowering his community; to that end, English Law focuses its charitable efforts on sponsoring local schools, organizations, individuals, and events through bursaries and donation of services. Dave continues to offer Pro Bono work to local not-for-profit organizations and associations and, for the past 30 years, he has offered a bursary awarded to a graduate of Hants East Rural High School.
Previously, Dave has served on the Board of Directors of Dartmouth’s Bridgeway Academy, as president of Alpine Ski Nova Scotia, and as a founding member of the Martock Alpine Ski Race organization.
In his (rather limited) personal time, Dave enjoys downhill skiing, mountain biking, golfing, boating, and snowboarding. Dave is also a classic car and track lapping enthusiast and frequently attends events at the Atlantic Motor Sports Park and other road courses throughout Ohio and Pennsylvania, USA.